From the Promoter:
What is the Barry-Roubaix?
- The largest gravel road bicycle race in the WORLD!
- Challenging race traversing the rolling and scenic gravel roads throughout Barry County, Michigan.
- Kick off the race season with over 3,000 of your fellow cyclists.
- Cyclocross, Mountain, Road, Single-Speed/Fixed gear, Fatbikes and Tandem bicycles are welcome in any category.
- A huge after-party and awards ceremony with over $28,000 in cash and prizes.
- Founders beer and food vendors inside the awards party (cash only).
- The course will NOT be closed to traffic and does not have a rolling escort. Cycling rules of the road apply, i.e. stop at all stop signs, yield to cars, no more than 2 riders abreast and do not cross yellow center line. Violations will be penalized by disqualification. Anyone caught littering will be disqualified.
- Sag wagons will make rounds looking for drop outs.
We offer three race lengths to challenge riders of all abilities:
The 24-mile Cushe “Chiller” has approx. 1,200 feet of elevation.
The 36-mile Smith Optics “Thriller” climbs approx. 2,200 feet.
The 62-mile Foundry Cycles “Killer” you can expect approx. 3,800 feet of elevation.
We also offer a team competition category. Race as an individual AND see how your team stacks up against some of the areas best.