Guilford Gravel Grinder – Guilford, Vermont

When:
May 19, 2019 @ 09:30 – 12:30
2019-05-19T09:30:00-04:00
2019-05-19T12:30:00-04:00
Where:
Sunrise Farm
102 Thomas Rd
Guilford, VT 05301
USA
Cost:
$Varies
Contact:
Miles Billings

From the Promoter:

We’ve scoured some of the best back roads in southern Vermont and have put together a route that is both fun and challenging. 90% of the course is on rural dirt roads, with the other 10% on rural paved roads.

This is a 40-mile race with approximately 4,900ft of climbing, so bring your gravel tires and your climbing gears! Road or cross bikes with 28-35mm tires are suitable for this course. Roads are mostly smooth dirt but small rocks and potholes exist. RIDERS MUST EXHIBIT CAUTION ON THE DIRT DESCENTS. Road gearing with climbing gears to tackle short 15% sections and extended 8-10% sections are recommended. 36 (or 34) small chainring x 28 (or 30) on rear cassette will work for most. A full race guide will be posted here as well as by email to all registrants in the week before the event.

Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/7471796. A GPX with turn-by-turn instructions will be provided, and it is recommended that participants upload it to their GPS device. Both phone and data reception are patchy on the course. While all turns will be marked with 545 Velo signage, not all turns will be manned by volunteers. Roads will be open, albeit with very little traffic. Last year participants claimed to see less than 10 total cars during the entire event! Normal traffic rules apply, meaning stay to the right whenever possible.

The ride starts and finishes at Sunrise Farm in Guilford, where we’ll have ample parking, bathroom access, and a picnic lunch for finishers and volunteers. Prizes include locally sourced (from the farm itself!) Vermont maple syrup.

Rain or shine.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *