From the Promoter:
First and foremost, more details will be provided (such as actual distance) next month. Thank you for your commitment and your patience.
Here’s what you CAN expect:
- The start isn’t really in Stowe, but somewhere in mid to central Vermont.
- IRR 8.0 will the most Irreverent IRR to date. Take that for what it is.
- It will be a long day on/with your bike.
- The terrain will be challenging, to the fullest extent of the word.
- There are little to zero route markings.
- Planned water drops and aid stations may exist, but don’t plan solely on them.
- Be prepared to go 3-4 hours between water sources, Vermont is graced with many general stores and remote gas stations. And friendly neighbors too.
- We welcome anyone that wants to attempt to finish IRR, you just have to do it on our terms.
- Believe the hype. It’s not #hype.
- The longest it has ever taken someone to complete the route was 17.5 hours.
- You need to finish before 11:59 PM 11/27/2019 to be considered “finishing”.
- Every bike is the wrong bike, so bring the one with the lowest gearing that you’ll be happy riding all day.
- Please email any and all questions, we will answer them to the best of our ability.
- The official route will include stores/water stops, business hours, swimming holes, shortcuts, long cuts, ice cream stands and everything else you’ll need to know to make the most of your day here in VT.
- The start will have camping the night before and after. Where ever that is.
- You will receive the route on Friday 7/26 by 9:00am. Do not ask for it beforehand.