2300 Christian St
White River Junction, VT 05001
The Prouty Virtual Dirt Road Challenge (a.k.a. The Dirty Prouty)
The toughest ride for cancer research ….. anywhere
- 108 miles (82-miles on dirt roads)
- 11,036-ft total elevation gain.
- Start (6-AM) and finish at Dothan Brooke School, Hartford, Vermont
- 4 country stores along the route
- Taftsville Country Store, Woodstock, mile 25
- Sharon Trading Post, Sharon, mile 50
- B&B Market, West Fairlee, mile 76
- Dan and Whit’s, Norwich, mile 105
- On road support provided by Fullsquish
- Course download available on STAVA and Ride with GPS
- Entire route is in Vermont: Hartford, Quechee, Woodstock, Pomfret, Sharon, Strafford, West Fairlee, Thetford, Norwich
* The PVDRC is a no swag, no SAG ride. Just a hard day of great riding for a great cause!I There will be is limited on road operational support for this ride but it suggested that riders provide their own support (tools, spare tubes, cell phones, etc.).
* There some rough sections of dirt roads but all are passable on road or cross bikes. 28-cc tires are recommended.
* There will be no traffic control or individuals directing bikers at any intersections. The course will not be marked but a cue sheet will be provided and is available to download from Ride with GPS and STRAVA.