‘The Wolf’s Lair’ is a 400 km bike packing route that winds through medieval castles, alpine scenery and ancient Italian villages in the Apennines mountains. The Montanus duo (Georgio and Francesco) traced that route in 2016, after they felt the need to explore deeper into the Abruzzo region to learn more about their culture and origins.
- Frames: Rodeo Labs Trail Donkey 3.0 (size 52 for Georgio, size 58 for Francesco)
- Wheels: Rodeo Labs 2.0 Carbon Wheelsets & 29’er x 2.0″ tyres
- Drivetrain: SRAM 1x 36T chainring and 11-42T cassette
- Handlebars: 46cm flared drop
- Saddles: Ergon SR Pro Carbon (highly recommended by JOM of Gravel Cyclist… review coming)
- Pedals: SPD for Georgio, Flat pedals for Francesco
Giorgio and Francesco are back on The Wolf’s Lair to film the experience and show the hidden beauty that fascinated them three years before.