Episode Ten of “Ask the Gravel Cyclist Crew a Question” can be seen below.
Questions in this episode:
- Do you have any experience running two different tyre sizes?
- Would a knobbier tyre be better on a course with a wide range of conditions versus a smoother file tread?
- Do you sell Gravel Cyclist apparel?
- What are your recommendations for pedals?
- Have you experimented with a “guetto tubeless” tyre setup on non-tubeless wheels?
- What sort of mileage can be expected out of a set of Panaracer Gravelking SK tyres?
- Can you use Shimano Di2 mechanical brake road shifters with XTR Di2 derailleurs?
- Can you use a Shimano XT / XTR 11-40 cassette with Dura-Ace Di2 and a 50 / 34 chainring pairing?
- What type of pump do you use to seat tubeless tyres? What are the pump choices?
- What tyre to use at an event like D2R2 (mix of good gravel, gnarly gravel and everything in between)? Terrene Elwood, WTB Byway or WTB Resolute?
- There are issues with the SRAM Etap front derailleur and tyre clearance. Will SRAM consider a redesign?
- What is the possibility of using SRAM Etap with an 11-40 cassette?
- What is the best way to keep dirt off the nozzle of your water bottle?
Links to reviews mentioned in this video:
WTB Byway 650b – https://wp.me/p4V4se-4UV
WTB Horizon 650b – https://wp.me/p4V4se-4jp
Panaracer Gravelking SK – https://wp.me/p4V4se-47C
Terrene Elwood 650b – https://wp.me/p4V4se-49J
Joe Blow Booster Pump – https://wp.me/p4V4se-2RZ
Bontrager TLR Flashcharger Pump – https://wp.me/p4V4se-4Qv
Episode 11 coming soon, post your questions here!